Accidental cyanoacrylate glue ingestion


Yilmaz T., Ymaz G.

INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PEDIATRIC OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY, vol.69, no.6, pp.853-855, 2005 (Journal Indexed in SCI) identifier identifier identifier

  • Publication Type: Article / Article
  • Volume: 69 Issue: 6
  • Publication Date: 2005
  • Doi Number: 10.1016/j.ijporl.2005.01.008
  • Title of Journal : INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PEDIATRIC OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY
  • Page Numbers: pp.853-855

Abstract

Cyanoacrylates have a variety of medical and commercial applications as adhesives. They are commonly found as glue in the household. They can be swallowed accidentally by children. However, no case was reported so far in the English medical literature. Their effect on the mouth, pharynx, larynx, esophagus and the rest of gastrointestinal system is unknown. Here we report our own child who accidentally ingested cyanoacrylate glue without unwanted sequelae due to prompt intervention. (c) 2005 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.