The Most Common Chronic Diseases Among The Emergency Room Admissions: Top 7


Kunt M. M. , Akkaş M. , Metin Aksu N. , Karaca M. A.

Anatolian Journal of Emergency Medicine, cilt.2, ss.18-21, 2019 (Diğer Kurumların Hakemli Dergileri)

  • Cilt numarası: 2 Konu: 2
  • Basım Tarihi: 2019
  • Dergi Adı: Anatolian Journal of Emergency Medicine
  • Sayfa Sayıları: ss.18-21

Özet

Amaç: Kronik hastalıklar nedeniyle yapılan başvurular acil servis başvurularında önemli oranını oluşturmaktadır. Bu çalışmada, kronik hastalıklara bağlı Acil Servise Başvuruların (KHAB) değerlendirilmesi amaçlandı.


Materyal ve Metod: Bu retrospektif tanımlayıcı çalışmaya 16 yaşından büyük ve Hacettepe Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi Acil Servisi'ne 1 ile 10 Mayıs 2010 tarihleri arasında başvuran hastalar çalışmaya alındı.

Bulgular: Hastaların 161'i (% 52.4) yeni tanı konulan hastalıklara bağlı başvurular (YTHB) grubunda, 146'sı ise (% 47.6) kronik hastalığa ilişkin başvurular (KHAB) grubunda idi. KHAB grubunda, ziyaretçilerin ortanca yaşı 59, YTHB'li hastaların ortanca yaşı 40 idi. En sık KHAB nedenleri: % 3'ünde Serebrovasküler Hastalık (SVH),% 3'ünde Kronik Böbrek Hastalığı (KBH),% 8'inde Diabetes Mellitus (DM), % 11'inde Kronik Obstrüktif Akciğer Hastalığı (KOAH) ve Astım , % 12’sinde Hipertansiyon (HT), % 17'sinde Malignite,% 18'inde İskemik Kalp Hastalığı (IKH), % 9'unda birden fazla kronik hastalık ve % 18'inde diğer kronik hastalıklar mevcuttu. Kritik ve acil durumlar sırasıyla KHAB ve YTHB'nin % 39 ve % 19'unu oluşturmaktaydı.


Sonuç: Kronik hastalıklar nedeniyle acil servislere başvuru oranları günden güne artmaktadır. Ayrıca kronik hastalıklara bağlı başvurularda daha yüksek oranda kritik ve acil müdahale gerektiren hastalıklar bulunmaktadır. Acil tıp eğitimi planlanırken, kronik hastalıkların önemli bir faktör olduğu düşünülmelidir.

Objectives: Admissions due to chronic diseases (CD) constitute the significant number of emergency room (ER) visits. The current study aimed to evaluate chronic disease related to admission (CDRA) to ER.


Material and methods: In this descriptive retrospective study, patients (> 16 years of age) who admitted to Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine Emergency Department, from May 1st to 10th days, 2010 were enrolled in this study. 


Results: 161 (52.4%) of the patients were in Admissions Related to Newly Diagnosed Disease (ARNDD), remaining 146 (47.6%) patients were in CDRA group. In CDRA group, median age of visitors was 59 year, whereas the median age of the patients with ARNDD was 40 year. Most frequent CDRA causes were: Cerebrovascular Disease (CVD) in 3%, Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) in 3%, Diabetes Mellitus (DM) in 8%, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease(COPD) and Asthma in 11%, Hypertension (HT) in 12%, Malignancy in 17%, Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD) in 18%, more than one chronic disease in 9% and other chronic diseases in 18% of the patients. Critical and emergent cases constituted the 39% and 19% of CDRA and ARNDD, respectively.


Conclusions: The rate of admission to emergency rooms due to chronic diseases increases day by day. In addition, there is a higher rate of critical and urgent cases in patients with chronic diseases. When planning emergency medical education, chronic diseases should be considered as an important factor.